Re: How come...

Message posted by werD on October 19, 2008 at 19:15:13 PST:

The base operators know how to hide what they need to, without blurring. The fact that the base exists is pretty irrefutable. They've been hiding new planes from the view of Russian satellites for a very long time, at least according to every account I've read. In other words, the things you can see from the google earth images are no real secret or surprise. They knew the keyhole satellite that took images was going to fly over when it did, and they hid any secret projects away before it came. Seeing a bunch of hangars (even new ones being built, as you might note on this forum) really doesn't tell you anything valuable about the progress of black-world aviation advances. No big security risk in letting people see a big, well protected base with a runway in the middle of nowhere.

My guess is the other sites are blurred to avoid alarm. People don't want to think about weapons installations on top of the president's house. Just not good PR, ya know? But now I'm getting OT.

In Reply to: Re: How come... posted by Robert Lindert on October 19, 2008 at 18:31:36 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]