Re: Psychology, Dear Watson!

Message posted by Steve Douglass on October 14, 2008 at 21:13:48 PST:

When I was first contacted by Glenn wanting to write something for my Intercepts Newsletter, he told me his quest was for the truth of what was going on inside Area 51, but it soon became clear that it also included everything surrounding Area 51 - especially how people perceived this place - the psychology behind hiding a secret city in plain site and the politics surrounding it - so when his photo turned out to be a rock - I wasn't surprised. He's always been about provoking reactions.

That's all well and good - but what made me distance myself from Campbell was when he prided himself on being the thorn in the side of Area 51 security - stealing sensors and mailing them to me (unsolicited) - jumping on the perimeter fence at TTR, provoking security to react and generally doing everything he could to call attention to himself.

That is when I decided he wasn't about seeking the truth, but being the first Area 51 celebrity.

It went from being about Area 51 to being all about Glenn.

Glenn is an interesting and intelligent guy - a prankster - and very funny -creative - but what he really needs is a sign posted on him that says "Look at me!"

I would love to know what drives him.

From my point of view Glenn quickly went from being a potentially good writer and researcher and source of good info -on Area 51 - to being a purely political and self-serving soul with an agenda I didn't ever come to understand.

Some Interceptors just love him - me not so much.

One good thing did come of it though - he turned Area 51 into a tourist destination thus forcing the military to send some of their black project aircraft to bases in my neck of the woods.

Good luck to you Glenn. I hope you find what you are looking for.

-Steve Douglass

In Reply to: Psychology, Dear Watson! posted by Archangel on October 14, 2008 at 19:22:48 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]