Re: Fox News Sean Hannity story about Area 51

Message posted by neonsky on July 18, 2008 at 14:30:33 PST:

Thanks for your reply, Joerg. I agree whole heartedly in your assessment of those people who we might refer to as “over the top” in their belief system. I have spent many nights at Sky Watches in Rachel with people who repeatedly point to passing satellites exclaiming that they are UFOs. As an amateur astronomer I would try an explain what they were seeing. Some would understand and others would not. I rarely go to those Sky Watches anymore.

Personally, I don’t think I would want this site to be split into two forums. As you know, it would be too time consuming, and from past experience, you end up doing most of the work anyway. I think everyone who views would agree that Dreamland is fine just the way it is. The only improvement I can see is an area where viewers would post their photos and videos directly to the web site. I have my Red Flag photos on Webshots, but
newcomers have no idea mine and others are even there. Some of the photos would be a fine addition to Dreamland. That said I am pretty sure it would require more bandwidth, storage, and of course, expenses. Or maybe a direct link to a website such as Webshots where it would be agreed that photos and videos for Dreamland would be posted there. Right now, contributors are posting their photos all over the web on various sites.

I think Area 51 will maintain its mystique far beyond my life time. That is what makes this site so appealing. Dreamland is a focal point where it all comes together. If one just wants data, they can Google it just about anywhere.

Extreme “compartmentalization” and the “need to know” have made what goes on or what does not go on inside Area 51 most speculative, especially for us outsiders. I suspect that this will always be a cloudy and contentious issue for a very long time.

Any serious UFO researcher would have Dreamland bookmarked as a source for more prosaic explanations of UFO sightings. After all, probably 90% of UFO sightings can be explained away through natural or man made events, what not a better place to find those explanations then here. It is that 10% that has us all baffled. It is one of the reasons I see more and more people coming here looking for answers. Even though Dreamland is not a UFO site, I would consider it a compliment that they are aware enough to even come here to investigate. Some stay and hopefully contribute, and some just pass on through.

I don’t know how you would be able to have a serious discussion about the UFO phenomena on this site either, only because it is an extremely complicated and time
consuming issue, which is far from being resolved. Basically, this is a hardware site,
what are we building, what have we built, how far, fast, or high can it go? What is its purpose, etc., but the UFO question not only addresses the hardware issue, but social, religious, and philosophical issues, as well as addressing all the physical sciences. If that isn’t complicated, then I don’t know what is.

Anyway, this has been a discussion in and of itself, and I have no intention of belaboring
this point anymore. If anyone wants to address anything I have said off line, my email is neonsky@cox.net, and I give Joerg permission to print it.

Joerg, sorry you won’t make Red Flag this time. Always good conversation on top of the hill. I am going to try and get there the last week of the first show, the 28th through September 1st, and again the last week of the second show, the 18th through the 22nd of
September in case things change for you.

Thanks for all you have accomplished with Dreamland Resort.

…Alan

In Reply to: Re: Fox News Sean Hannity story about Area 51 posted by Joerg (Webmaster) on July 18, 2008 at 6:04:30 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]