Re: Fox News Sean Hannity story about Area 51

Message posted by Joerg (Webmaster) on July 18, 2008 at 6:04:30 PST:

Thank you for the post, Alan. For this Red Flag you will have to guard the hill alone. I will have to sit this one out.

You are right. I know I have used the term "UFO nut" in the past, and I should be more careful. In doing so we do the same thing that we criticize in the general public's view of Area 51 and Black Projects research. We lump the serious UFO researchers like yourself together with the really out-there folks, that give ALL of us a bad reputation.

The Area 51 phenomenon has many facets. Ideally I would like to be able to split this web site into different sections to satisfy each group. Unfortunately time and financial limitations do not allow this for the time being. So I try to keep the focus on the area that most of our readers are interested in. In the past, whenever we had discussions involving UFOs, the real nuts jumped in and things got out of hand. I would not mind serious discussions about the UFO phenomenon, if we could keep it from getting out of hand, and boring for the majority of our readers, who simply are not interested in UFOs. Frankly, I don't know how to do this, but I am open to suggestions.

I should mention that when I started my Area 51 research ten years ago, I was open to the possibility of UFOs and Aliens at Area 51. The more time I spent in the area and the more I learned about the base, including talking to people who have worked there at various times and on various projects, the more I realized that the truth is much more mundane. At least in my own personal opinion...

In Reply to: Re: Fox News Sean Hannity story about Area 51 posted by neonsky on July 17, 2008 at 15:09:42 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]