Re: Welsh Police Spot "unusual" craft - Irony

Message posted by Roadeye on June 25, 2008 at 7:52:43 PST:

Joerg,

I couldn't agree with you more.
And the only reason I raised an opinion at all is that I would not want this site to turn out like so many others where even people with relevant things get branded as fanatics or fools because they don't share the same opinions as the more popular members of the forum do.
As I said earlier...in many cases,the people who seen or witnessed strange things don't even have to utter the word UFO or even suggest what they've seen comes from anywhere but right here on earth in order to be unfairly branded as some kind of flake or fanatic.

In my own case, back in the eighties I witnessed the arrival and departure of a strange looking USAF plane who's markings, although the subdued type were plainly visable to me on the plane's black fusilage.
This occurred in the early afternoon at CFB Goose Bay in Newfoundland, Canada. It's one of Canada's primary NATO training facilities at the time used by airforces from Europe and the United States.
The aircraft was not an SR-71 it looked nothing like it.
Nor was it a U-2.
I am an aircraft enthusiast and familiar with both aircraft.
No...it was a USAF aircraft like none I've seen before or since...not so much as even drawings or photographs.
It was agile...sleek...able to accelerate while climbing in the pure vertical...I'd say about the same size or a little smaller than a Blackbird...and very very quiet.
Dare I say it...it's shape was very much like an elongated triangle.
When it landed it taxied into a hanger where it remained under armed guard.
When it taxied out it proceded directly to the runway where it took off and accelerated straight up out of sight into the clear blue sky.
When I asked people who worked at the base the reply was you can ask...but don't expect too many answers. (or replies such as that.)
Now...for years I've been trying unsuccessfully to find out what it was I saw that day.
And for years I've been told by people, many of whom appear to know less than I do about military aircraft, that I didn't see what I saw. I've been called a rumour monger and a fanatic...just because some self professed experts couldn't explain away my sighting in a manner that was satisfactory to me.
The fact is I did see the aircraft...the fact is I don't know what it was... the fact is I still don't.
And the markings on the aircraft were unmistakably American.
This was no aircraft from outer space...but it was and still is one I can't identify.

What's to say other people around the world aren't seeing the same types of things all of the time?
I know they have to be.

So let's not play into the hands of the government misinformation departments who try to hide what they are working on and use lies deciept and public peer pressure to silence people who are asking good questions they don't want to answer.

Good science is good questions...
It's also good observation and good discussion.

So let's not be unfair to people who just want to understand something they may never have witnessed before.

Try to put yourself in their positions.
Ask yourself what you would do if you were in their place...someone who just happened to be somewhere where something out of the ordinary happened.
Would that mean you've lost your marbles or suddenly turned into some kind of fanatic?

I doubt it.

And I doubt most of these people did either.

Just my two cents.

Roadeye

In Reply to: Re: Welsh Police Spot "unusual" craft - Irony posted by Joerg (Webmaster) on June 24, 2008 at 13:56:48 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]