Re: Indiana Jones movie

Message posted by JoeinTX on May 22, 2008 at 21:43:22 PST:

Thanks for passing that along, Dan.

I feel somewhat guilty taking advantage of it but I told myself that I'd watch the first 1/5th and if I felt like I was missing something that the theater would provide that I'd stop watching and go and pay for a ticket. Well, this seems to be just fine and I'll keep my money.

As much as I anticipated this thing and as expectationless as I tried to make myself.......I was still disappointed. The plot was weird. The dialogue was weird. There were subplots and odd little things going on all along the way that kind of faded off. It wasn't neat or tidy or suspenseful in any way. Just Indy and some people going through the script until the credits rolled. Damn.

Nothing against Harry Ford.....he is/was still the best part of the series....but he didn't have much story around him to hold this thing up. And, even at 65, he could still pass for the "Raiders" Indy of 27 years ago in much of the movie. And, while I know a lot of the buzz around this thing was Ford's age.....that wasn't this pic's slightest of its problems.

The beginning was weird....the ending was CGI garbage....and in between was a lot of empty stuff.

What a shame.

In Reply to: Indiana Jones movie posted by dan on May 22, 2008 at 16:10:25 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]