Re: Soviet Stealth

Message posted by Alex (UK) on March 03, 2008 at 16:30:13 PST:

Russian aircraft suffer for being Russian, the airforces of Russia, the Ukraine et al may suffer hugely, but their planes, without a doubt are brilliant... they may not be as technologically superior, but since when did russia need technology and FA22 style avionics? I admit, russian aircraft have come off worst in skirmishes with the USAF (gulf of sirte) but these were rubbish pilots pitted against some of the USN's best. Give me an Su-37 anyday, couple of tweaks here and there to those computer and radar systems... and id have that beast flying loops round that raptor ;) dogfighting was once described by erich hartmann as a waste of time... hes probably right.... but as much as i admire him, id love to prove him wrong... the FA22 may have the tech... but the Su has the dogfighting ability and the gracefulness, an awe inspiring aircraft. I dont want to start an argument, you guys would probably lynch me, but that raptor... to me looks a bit like something clive sinclair would draw on a beer mat... a bit 80s.. (strangely, i like the YF23! what an odd guy i am)

In Reply to: Re: Soviet Stealth posted by Alex (UK) on March 03, 2008 at 16:15:23 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]