Re: New Name for The Major and Good News

Message posted by Cocheta on January 31, 2008 at 18:12:49 PST:

I actually never really left. I still followed all the posts... I just didn't have a password - (lost during a computer changeover several months ago). In fact, the new name for A51, Homey Airport (what WERE they thinking?) was recently plugged into a sentence for completeness. See, you all have been contributing to the book right up to now! My next information request for DLR is to find out when Lincoln County is going to auction off a certain notorious Dodge Magnum! I wonder how many major incursions like that happen that we never know about?

I haven't made my mind up yet on who will handle order fulfillment. My publishing company or the printer. In any case, I would encourage DLR readers to buy it from the A51 store because I will be donating a fair number of books at no cost to help fund "the cause." After those run out, I'll continue to personally supply the books at a very heavy discount in support of DLR needs. This writing project was never about money, it was about creative release and having fun. I'll let fate handle everything else. I just need to make enough money to keep printing the books as they run out. Well, and fund the next one, I suppose.

I'll send copies to Knapp and Rogers. I think a book that has 30% of its' plot set in Vegas might interest them!

The release date will be determined by how fast the laser proofs are returned to me and approved. The average time from submission of files to printing and shipping is about 5 to 6 weeks. Conceivably, I could have copies ready to deliver by mid-March. Having been in the military, I'll say mid-April to cover the inevitable screw-ups.

Oh, Hank! It is good to be back and thanks for the welcome!

In Reply to: New Name for The Major and Good News posted by Cocheta on January 31, 2008 at 13:21:16 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]