Re: area51 rachaelcam

Message posted by Sedalia on July 23, 2001 at 22:00:23 PST:

I don't know whether the site is active or not. I can write a review of the site as I subscribed to it for three months earlier this year. The site is affiliated with the Area 51 Research Center but is not directly run by them. When I subscribed to the site it consisted of a message board, two web cams, and the scanner feed. I found the message boards to be useless, the web cams are kind of neat to look at the sunset over Rachel but to see a plane? Useless for that. The cool thing was the scanner feed. Unfortunately, you could wait for hours for something to happen and then it would explode with radio traffic. Do not think you're going to hear Groom Tower since the antenna / scanner are in Rachel (too far away to hear Groom). What you will hear is range traffic.

I let my subscription subside after the three month $8.95 period simply because I didn't want to pay $5 a month for a scanner feed that would only make me jealous that I live 2,000 miles away from the source of the feed!

Would I support Dreamland Resort if it ever offered a scanner feed for a couple bucks a month from the Inn? Absolutely.

Sedalia Mike

In Reply to: area51 rachaelcam posted by bljk8 on July 17, 2001 at 18:54:08 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]