Re: India bans Su-30MKI fighters from using radars during 'Red Flag Nellis' exercise

Message posted by loopbacktest4echo on January 07, 2008 at 10:03:51 PST:

India wants to participate in the Red Flag exercises to give their air crews experience in war time operations. They are mostly interested in observing support and operational proceedures to learn best practices. They plan to bring six IAF Sukhoi Su-30MKI frontline combat jets to participate in the exercise, supported by a few Il-78 midair refuelling tankers and Il-76 heavy-lift transport aircraft. Naturally Ivan isn't too happy about this. The problem here is that all of the previous joint training operations were funded by the U.S. and held in India. The history with India's military is that they don't like to pay for anything. They are balking at paying for their participation in Red Flag, however they have recently adopted Nato operational proceedures and need to get trained and experienced with these as they are in a full scale escalation of their ability to wage war. My experience with India's military is that they have some problems understanding our manuals and often have untrained people working on highly complex equipment. I have to deal with them from time to time when they break equipment through miss-use or lack of technical training. My understanding of the training at Red Flag is that they want to be able to get through a least 6 days of air war successfully.

In Reply to: [Touchdown-News] India bans Su-30MKI fighters from using radars during 'Red Flag Nellis' exercise posted by Joerg (Webmaster) on January 05, 2008 at 9:15:29 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]