Hey the Armed Forces love some COB traning

Message posted by Cloak on July 23, 2001 at 10:25:21 PST:

Hello just surfing through the messages but I am heartily offended by the comment "that live rounds have been known to go astray from targets before".
If it is going to be armed forces personelle on the ground as security that will not I repeat will not happen on purpose and to even imply that is a dis honor to anyone who has served. An order to kill a unarmed civilian as may have occurred before in very frightning situations overseas will not happen in the US even internationally it will not be followed by any of the soldiers I have ever met an unlawful order is just that if followed in this instance is punishable by Death to the giver and reciever of the order.I have been security at Roving sands in FT Bliss operation Bright Star in Egypt and in Kosovo during the bombings and for each event we were trained exactly over and over again how to deal with COB's= Civilians on the Battle field. I assure you any soldier in the right state of mind would never shoot astray at an onlooker of any excersize. As an example I was the SOG on duty in Camp Bondsteel,Kosovo and was attacked by 4 teenagers while I was 30 feet from the gate were a SAW= Squad automatic weapon and 4 soldiers with M16's were pointed right at the altercation I pulled my magazine held it tight and proceeded to fight back after throwing my weapon on the ground the troops followed ROE= Rules of engagment exactly yell STANI ILLI PUTSAM=Stop or Ill shoot, they teens kept it up then my troops fired a warning shot and the kids took off this in in another country a scary country at that and they Followed ROE which anyone in the armed forces would follow for any situation it is not used to teach people a lesson friend so watch what you say please out of respect for those that wear the uniform thank you Cloak

In Reply to: ??? posted by KRUSHER on July 01, 2001 at 21:59:12 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]