Re: Curious rookie making run to 51 from LV

Message posted by Roadeye on December 14, 2007 at 7:34:01 PST:

Excuse me for a second...but I really must state that I had no intention of causing any confusion here when I stated that a white Ford F 150 pickup passed me on Groomlake Road heading it appeared, from the base out toward 375.

Last night, I looked again at my photos and did see that the truck on top of the hill containing the cammo dudes did appear to be off white or tan in color.

However...the truck containing the military or security looking dude who did not wave...did not slow down in the slightest...and nearly suffocated us in dust after he passed us on the road was white.

Now...it was late afternoon and quite honestly the light was such that the truck on the hill could have been white as well...I simply can't be sure from the photos. It was "The Magic Hour" of the day...the time when the light adds a touch of gold or orange to everything.

That being said...my little trip report was written simply to encourage someone else to make the trip.
I don't know enough about the base or the area to provide any kind of intel about truck color...type...etc. And I never intended to.

Sorry if I caused any confusion here.

Roadeye

In Reply to: Re: Curious rookie making run to 51 from LV posted by neonsky on December 13, 2007 at 16:49:40 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]