Re: old cammo trucks- the white jeeps

Message posted by JB737 on December 12, 2007 at 14:54:27 PST:

Maybe they'll show up on govliquidation.com at Nellis, Hill, or Edwards. And if they pop up elsewhere, maybe it will be a clue about some relationship between bases or organizations.

But often, anything as useful as a vehicle, gets offered first to all federal, local and state government agencies before going on the public auction block for pickup at the base DRMO. Probably some low-budget social-work agency in Vegas will get them. Maybe Glenn will spot one at the family courthouse and pass the word to us. :-)

And last but not least, are they owned by the government or by a contractor? Are the government plates conclusive regarding ownership, or do contractor vehicles wear gov plates in some cases? I have no idea myself but I'm curious.

If anyone runs across them for sale, maybe we could take up a collection, form an LLC to solve insurance issues, and park a couple of them in Rachel for member use in approaching the dudes. Then when we get bored with that, we could restore one and see if two suckers at a Barrett-Jackson auction will bid it way up due to historic value. Ya never know. :-)

JB737

In Reply to: old cammo trucks- the white jeeps posted by J356 on December 12, 2007 at 9:21:38 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]