Re: New pics?

Message posted by Joerg (Webmaster) on July 20, 2001 at 11:18:51 PST:

Not sure if Gary even saw it. We heard a plane being cleared to taxi on their special ops. ground clearance channel. We did not really see it, but I believe it never took off. It was either a taxi test, or it went back to the hangar because of a problem.
Then after a while, looking through the scope I saw a plane sitting in front of the open hangar door. I immediately mounted the camera to take a photo this time, and try and identify it on the photo. Unfortunately I used a 2x converter for 2500mm focal length, and all my shots with that came out blurry due to a problem with the camera (or the user?...)
The best I can describe it from the split second I saw it is that it was dark green or gray in color, and roughly the shape and size of an F-15 or Mig-29. Knowing that that particular hangar is used for the Russian hardware I kind of thought that it was a Mig, but I am not sure at all.
Later, when we had just returned to our vehicles, we saw two F-16 followed by an F-15 fly overhead, but we don't know if they came out of Groom.

In Reply to: Re: New pics? posted by Magoo on July 20, 2001 at 4:05:45 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]