Fossett

Message posted by habu-e6 on September 23, 2007 at 9:32:16 PST:

Where is Mr. Fossett?
There are many places in that area where one could get lost and not be found.

I know I live there. My In-laws owned a large ranch in Wellington NV, and for over 20 years I hunted and fished all over that area. I also had a Honda XR500R which I used to explore throughout the Pine Nut Mountain Range as well as by horseback.
Every turn is a hidden canyon, valley, stream, or lake. It is honeycomb with mine shafts, caves, ridges, ledges, rock outcroppings, crevasses, dense forest, dry lake beds, hot springs, vast plains of sage brush.

Native peoples migrated and sailed giant lakes that filled those valleys by melting glaciers over 10,000 years ago, and if you were to look closely you may be lucky enough to find one of there navigational markers high on the hill sides. Many times I have stood and just looked into to the landscape and suddenly appear masses of ancient pictographs on the rocks before me. The more you look the more will appear.

My brother and I have found remnants of early native villages hidden on ledges well above the valley floor. Only accessible by rugged hiking though switch backs and deer trails. They were obviously made that way for the protection of the tribe. They had look out points and some sort of long distant communication system. Life was rough in those days and if you were to live to the ripe old age of 29 you might have learned how to survive against other rival tribes and other predators like the saber tooth tigers.

I am sorry but I will not disclose specifics on the locations of these places in order to protect them from collectors, also its illegal to remove these artifacts so if you do find them please look but do not touch. If you examine the glyphs you may be able to interpret them and find amazing things like where to find rocks for making fire, or arrow and spear points, remote water and food sources, shelter. It is so obvious that when these early natives spent this much time carving these rocks it had to be for very important reasons. No one will ever know how hard it was to survive in these parts as they did.

There are large mountains and valleys to the south, east, north, and west big rivers have cut out jagged canyons. There are lots of big mountain lions, bears, rattle snakes, and believe it or not one of the most dangerous animals are deer. A deer can rise up and kick the shit out of you and break your skull in a second. In a weeks time your bones will be scattered by animals and buried.

Another dangerous but overlooked menace is the mosquitoes; they will attack you by the millions. I am sure if you did not know to cover yourself with mud even if it means using you own water source to make it, they will kill you. If you don’t have water you will dehydrate very quickly. It is a very dry climate. That’s the reason mummies have been found without much shelter over 12,000 to 14,000 years later.

One possibility is that he had a heart attack. This may have been caused when one of those Navy aviators were flying their F-18s on a MACH 1, low level bomb run from Miramar to the Fallon bomb range just north of that area. Many times I have been fishing at the quite and peaceful Seronies Ranch bridge on the Walker river when all of a sudden CA-BOOM! CA-BOOM! Navy jets 500 feet off the deck basting though those very narrow canyons on there way to the bomb range. One time my 10 year old daughter almost jumped off the bridge into the river it scared her so bad.

All due respects but,Old Fossett was probably cruising along looking at the beautifully colored rock canyons and CA-BOOM! CA-BOOM drove him right into the side of a cliff. His last thought may have been about how remote and rugged that country was and how stupid he was for going out there by himself.

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]