Re: Question from new member

Message posted by loopbacktest4echo on July 30, 2007 at 10:30:57 PST:

I am not a senior member of this board but I did work in an AF think tank (80's through the early 90's). One thing that was very clear to me was that if the USAF ever got it's hands on a UFO that had any superior capabilities, those capabilities would be completely exploited and rolled into the AF inventory ASAP. So if the USAF had a UFO they would be flying it right now. My guess about reverse, forward, or re-engineering is that they would probably farm out the work across a series of federal contract research firms. Reverse engineering can be done for several different purposes. One is to discover capabilities (what does it do and how well), two is to find a way to reproduce the capabilities (usually cheaper), three is to find a way to improve performance or functionality, and lastly is to build a simular product without violating patent laws. So if the USAF has UFO's you can bet there working on them and it's a well kept secret. This would not be the case with the US Navy, if they ever got their hands on a UFO it would probably be lost or stolen.

In Reply to: Question from new member posted by William Sternbach on July 27, 2007 at 22:37:56 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]