Re: OT FS2004

Message posted by Steve Kasian on July 19, 2007 at 4:28:17 PST:

Gotcha... I failed to pay close enough attention to the details there and missed the actual URL. :-/

I've got it now, and have visited your site. I like the work you're doing on the KGRM 3D models.

I'd like to speak with you in-depth about your project, because I have put a lot of time into developing certain aspects of the project myself.

I have already developed highly accurate, high resolution 19m terrain mesh of the entire test range, including the old atomic testing grounds. The craters, for example, are so well defined you can clearly see ALL of them with nothing more than the default, "cheetah" terrain textures.

In addition, my photoreal textures are being developed down to a resolution of 1.2m/pixel. So the overall area would be in 4.8m/px resolution (same as the last image I posted with the F-22) while the base itself, including any additional area around it needed, can be at 1.2m/px resolution, with the 3D building objects, macros, etc. placed squarely on top of the photo terrain in their precise locations. This is for FS2004, BTW. It Employs a new textured polygon method only recently perfected for FS9, and allows you to achieve the same results which are available with FSX's high-res photo texture capabilities.

Myself and a co-developer in Belgium have also developed an AFCAD and a tarmac & staging area that is accurate down to less than 1 yard from actual real world GPS coordinates.

We need to talk!

Please send me an email so we can do so. Thanks.

All the best,
Steve

p.s. The KGRM imagry posted in my initial post is completely misaligned, black & white, and placed on top of an inaccurate, low-res default M$ terrain model. It is just the only image I happen to have available at this time.

In Reply to: Re: OT FS2004 posted by Steve Kasian on July 19, 2007 at 4:02:03 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]