Re: It quacks like a Tikaboo approach sensor, so......

Message posted by JB737 on June 15, 2007 at 17:41:52 PST:

"To stop any new rumors right here"
SAY WHAT?

It may not be fully installed or even turned on yet, so it is premature to rule out any reasonable theory.

I've not ruled anything out, but I do think by own theory is on equal or slightly better footing than the others, due mainly to the location. They can show reasons for locating something in the general area, say within several miles, but no reason for locating it EXACTLY THERE, especially without putting duplicates all over the place, while I can.

The generic power/comms equipment is equally able to support any of the theories, so location is the only solid evidence so far. Frankly, it favors me.

Hence, I still think it is "quite likely" a local base station for controlling and gathering data from an array of next-generation buried approach sensors, while maintaining external communication with unknown operators.

We can agree to disagree, but exactly what makes you think this is "very unlikely"?

If it's just the appearance of being too visible and vulnerable to vandalism/tampering, appearances can be deceiving. Whoever shotguns that dish or solar panel when it is up and running (perhaps with "Property of US Government, Do Not Disturb" signs on better fences), won't make it back to the highway as a free man if I am correct. Putting it in such a visible yet difficult to defend location ONLY makes sense if it is continuously monitored, and defended by the Pave Hawks!

The old vehicle sensor system was not continually handshaking with the remote operators, just transmitting after being triggered. It could not be polled, so the remote base never even knew if the battery was disconnected, right?

They're NOT going to make that mistake again!!! I'd expect every sensor's status will be known by the base station. Possibly by regular 1-way reporting, but more likely by polling upon demand. And even more certainly, the base station's own status, right down to battery voltage and signal strength, will be known by the remote operators, on a control panel screen with automatic alarms.

The same would not be true for a university seismic sensor, so they would be fools to put it there. Let's say they did put it there. It is easier to do seismology with 3 or more identical stations scattered around. Wouldn't one of their other stations also be right out in the open and found by now too? True, maybe this is Station 1, and the others will be built/discovered next. Let's see, if I were a geologist, I'd put one on GLR just past MBR, I hear it is active there. :-)

One last thought. Even if the AF did not put a new sensor array there, it is possible that Homeland Security did, on an independent initiative.

JB737

In Reply to: Re: It quacks like a Tikaboo approach sensor, so...... posted by Joerg (Webmaster) on June 15, 2007 at 7:31:15 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]