UNBELIEVABLE!!!

Message posted by Magoo on June 19, 2001 at 3:19:02 PST:

Now, take into account the fact that I am 12,000 miles away, and was obviously not there when the alleged incident occured. However, for what it's worth, I happen to agree with Lt Col Dogg in this instance.

After standing back (well, sitting anyway) for a couple of weeks now and seeing this episode unfold, I thought I'd add my 25 cents worth before crawling back to my airplane encyclopaedia collection!

I do not for one moment condone the alleged actions of the person who was driving the vehicle, nor can I possibly imagine how the people at the rally felt as he/she drove through them. I do, however, feel that he/she has a right to be presumed innocent until poven guilty in a court of law (hey, so call me naive!).

I cannot see how publicly identifying the accused, as well as his/her license number (and no doubt his/her phone number and email address by now) helps anything, except perhaps to prejidice the case against the accused and cause harrasment to his/her family. I'm not saying this is what was intended, but it will no doubt be a result.

If the accusers TRULY feel agrieved by the accused's actions, then by all means pursue it legally until you are satisfied. However, if this incident is being used as a convenient vehicle (pardon the pun) to gain publicity to the cause of exposing operations at Area 51/Groom Lake, then perhaps everyone needs to stop and blink.

Anyway, back to the books....

Magoo

In Reply to: Re: News Flash! -Base worker, James Manner, PHONE & GAMES posted by Spooky_Dogg on June 18, 2001 at 23:25:10 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]