It quacks like a Tikaboo approach sensor, so......

Message posted by JB737 on June 15, 2007 at 1:26:12 PST:

It quacks like a new Tikaboo vehicle approach sensor......so it IS a new Tikaboo vehicle approach sensor. I may eat those words, but I don't think so.

Maybe I have to visit sooner than planned.
Lots going on out there, it appears!
Hangar, dirt pile, mysterious devices on BLM land!

First, some questions:

Has the installation start date been narrowed down?

Was there any evidence of excavator treads, backhoe tire tracks, heavy truck tracks, etc.?

Is detouring around the road there possible? From the pics, it seems to not be in a totally "between a rock and a hard place" part of the road. That is OK, but it has implications: sensor array, as before.

---------------------
Enough questions from me.... time to speculate!

I'm fairly convinced it is a base station for the new "mother of all approach sensors" system.

The location is THE key piece of evidence: it is in EXACTLY the first spot for sensing everyone coming in from the usual turnoff, at least past the 5mi fork of course.

Anytime I try to convince myself this new contraption might be something more innocent, I come back to that, and say "Tikaboo approach sensor system, case closed.".

I've done a lot of thinking about the original, updated, and possible future sensors. This fits right in with several aspects of how I would have done it myself. Happy to expand on that if anyone cares to ask specific questions or request a page or two of monologue on the topic.

JB737

In Reply to: Another interesting find posted by Joerg (Webmaster) on June 14, 2007 at 16:53:31 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]