ok here is my report of what happened on june 3rd

Message posted by Aaron Johnson on June 19, 2001 at 3:11:23 PST:

As the rally was in progress, I heard a truck coming up the road, then I heard the driver gun the engine. Which is what made me jump back and seek safety behind my truck, which was parked off and next to groomlake road!

The driver clearly and intentionally gunned the engine and proceded forward at about 50 to 60 MPH. After I jumped back and I looked to my right and saw people in the road and yelled get to the side of the road, get out of the road now! Fortunately they heard me and I guess finally heard & saw the truck barreling down on them.

A few more seconds and about 20 to 30 rally attendee's
would visting the hospital. The truck was big enough where someone could have been maimed or severly injured or even murdered as I shall say it.

The incident happend on the public land side not on the base property side. Therefore all civil laws apply and the driver did want to hit somebody in my opinion because we were all in plain sight. The driver did not stop or slow down and honk his horn, he just accelerated right into the crowd.

clearly the rally was broken up and that is a violation of our first amendment right. The driver did knowlingy operate his vehicle in a fashion that could have caused death or serious to severe injury. Which in
blacks law dictionary and is called reckless endagerment and is felony.

The driver had no regard for, the safety of the citizens that were in his path of travel. Bottom line the guy deserves some jail time and some major hefty fines.

the end

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]