Tikaboo Lost

Message posted by Gregos on May 31, 2007 at 10:57:46 PST:

Over the Memorial Day weekend, my wife and I took a little get-a-way to the Windmill Ridge cabins in Alamo. Cabin #14 (The Barnyard) was very comfortable and highly recommended (although the Wi-Fi does not reach to that cabin).

Before we headed home, I wanted to do a recon trip out to the base of Tikaboo peak for a possible future climb. According to the DLR website, there is a rough 4x4 trail that is a �shortcut� from Alamo to Tikaboo �I believe I took Canyon Rd just behind the cabins. Well, we must have missed the way. We passed thru an old wood gate as we approached the hills. Then passed a rusty (water?) tank, then up the hills and then ended up at the antennas West of Alamo. The view of the Pahranagat Valley is awesome from up there! I think it would be a great place to watch the next para drop during Red Flag. It looks directly over the Alamo airfield (L92). Also the other reason for this post is with gas prices the way they are, I don�t want anyone else making the wrong turn like I did. Anybody know where I went wrong? Thanks.

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]