Re: LAWBREAKER ---- Justice by Due Process

Message posted by Spooky_Dogg on June 16, 2001 at 23:13:17 PST:

Thanks Norio. By no means am I a Mr. Know-it-All.
Just a bit of info from experience in some sensitive areas.

I would like to explain to all why a request to freeze information would have been made, as I'm sure your friend, Ted Gunderson, would concur.

Simply put, the accused is just that at this point,
accused.

In this country, a man accused of a crime is presumed innocent until such time as proven guilty.

This is a fairly new measure placed on the accused public records to protect the accused person's family, more than the accused, before the trial has occurred; after all, they didn't do the crime, but often suffer the worse from the impact.

Because Mr. Doe is employed by a yet-to-be named defense vendor, Defense Investigative Agency, and in some cases, Naval Criminal Investigative Service (NCIS)(LEPS)would have jurisdiction to determine the impact
of the case upon the defense vendors' government projects underway.

They are not shielding the individual accused of a crime; that is not their function.

Their main function is to assure that classified information to which the accused may have had access to, is not released unless it is absolutely necessary, and then restricted on a strict need-to-know basis.

This includes applying to the court for instruction that the court bar the public and hold trial behind closed-doors and applying a gag-order media blackout until the trial is concluded to safeguard against any potential of Mr. Doe speaking in public about matters that he ought not.

It's a good bet that the trial may even have a change of venue, as the Lincoln County Sheriff's Office have often been accused of conspiring with the site's private security force.

In Reply to: Re: LAWBREAKING BASE WORKER ------ Processing AS PROMISED posted by Norio Hayakawa on June 16, 2001 at 14:05:42 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]