Unbelievable tourist video location

Message posted by JB737 on March 27, 2007 at 0:01:48 PST:

Go onto youtube and search "vegas panarama" or "janet terminal". That's right, the guy can't spell panorama...but you won't care.

Title: Vegas Panarama
Length: 51 seconds

This guy either has connections with a Clark County employee or airport worker; or a lot more nerve than most people. The video quality is very unimpressive, but when I figured out where he shot it from, my jaw dropped. Even more so when I checked out the ownership of the lot it is located on, etc.

It was taken from ON TOP OF one of the airport's FUEL STORAGE TANKS, on county-owned land directly between the general aviation terminals and the JANET Terminal. It is right across the street north of the JANET parking lot.

There are 2 huge tanks, and it was taken from the more northerly one. This gave him some shielding from the parking lot guard shack, because either by good luck or good planning, the southerly tank screens him from ground-level viewers over there. But his view to the planes was a straight shot, and much, much closer than the Tropicana.

Unfortunately, the guy had no interest in holding the camera steady or zooming in much on anything.

Did this guy just walk in and go up the fuel tank stairway to innocently get a panorama of Strip hotels? I think not, because:
1. He names off the JANET terminal as nonchalantly as he names off each hotel as he bounces/spins around. And he didn't seem to hang out for very long.
2. It sure looks as if this is in a fenced-off area where a tourist with a camcorder would get hassled in no time.

So I suspect he is not quite the casual NJ tourist he at first appears to be. Maybe he dressed as a worker and found an open gate, or something like that.

But on the other hand, he spends a little time ragging on how dumpy Hooters is, instead of just whizzing past it like everything else. So...Honorary Interceptor? Or random NJ tourist taking a walk from Hooters to check things out after hearing about JANET on TV or the web?

Maybe he brought along a disgruntled Hooters waitress to distract anyone who might question him, and to vouch that he was drunk. :-)

JB737

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]