traverse peak details

Message posted by JB737 on March 17, 2007 at 14:40:47 PST:

The north peak I'm most interested in is noted on the USGS topo as 2376T, so it is 35.5 meters shorter than Tikaboo, hence almost identical in height to the large shouders on Tikaboo as well as the false summit you hike past going up to Tikaboo.

The south peak I'm most interested in is noted on the USGS topo as 2349T, so it is 62.5 meters shorter than Tikaboo and 27 meters shorter than the northerly one.

There are some interesting lower peaks on the way from Tikaboo to the north one, and the north one is only 3.6 air miles from the Hancock Summit area of 375.

You can be pretty sure you don't want to try either one unless you are used to "scrambling" up and down exposed ridges, and it is certainly possible that somewhere along the way are "technical" sections suitable only for experienced climbing teams with ropes.

The northern end looks like a lot more adventure and fun, so with my luck the southern one will end up being the easier one to get to.

In Reply to: Tikaboo Range traverse posted by JB737 on March 16, 2007 at 17:43:31 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]