An Announcement

Message posted by The Major on January 04, 2007 at 19:43:26 PST:

After a year of unsuccessfully submitting dozens and dozens of query letters to literary agents, who by their own admission, reject 99.7 - 99.9% of book proposals sent to them, I have but two words to say to the entire lot of form-letter professionals: BITE ME!
I have decided to take an alternate track to publish my book. Not "vanity" publishing. That is a pure rip-off. You get a box of books, your "agent" runs away to Mexico with your cash!. No, I am going to publish and market the book myself. I am in the process of editing, polishing, formating, and producing the InDesign files necessary to send to a printer. I'll need to hire a graphic artist to produce an eye-catching cover, so if anybody knows one who gives a military discount... An endorsement/foreward by someone famous would be nice. Lastly, I'll need to get the finished product into high profile hands to get the publicity ball rolling.
The reason I am posting this somewhat off-topic announcement is that I would like to repay the Resort for all of the great information I received while researching "The Hanson Legacy," and now its' sequel, "The Hanson Conundrum." First, I'd like to hold my very first book signings this summer in Rachel, Nellis AFB BX, and Las Vegas (in that order). Second, I'd like to donate several signed copies to the Dreamland Resort to sell in the Area 51 Store, all proceeds to support the website. Third, offer continued sales of the book through the Area 51 Store with a percentage of the profit going towards supporting the website.
I am leaving Hawaii, and the military, in mid-July, and plan to spend several weeks promoting the book around the country. Rachel should be green and pleasantly warm by the fourth week of July!
So... Good idea? Bad idea? How can The Major write a novel while in a straight jacket and not allowed to play with pointy things? Your input and opinions are valuable to me!
By the way, in the second book, Area 51 plays a major role in the later half of the story!

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]