Re: Criminal Charges to be filed against

Message posted by Andre' M. Dall'au on June 06, 2001 at 15:50:16 PST:

It is certainly one thing to be secretive and protective of National Security but acts of aggression on public lands is unacceptable. We as interested but law-abiding citizens have done nothing to provoke actions that if witnessed on the streets of any major city would result in the motor vehicle operator being arrested for a felony. As Dreamland Resort participants we routinely encourage civil, lawful and polite behavior towards the "Cammo Dudes", and actively discourage acts of trespass, lawlessness, and simple provocation. This act of wanton disrespect towards a group of interested individuals, an act that if the individual was identified, could lead to substancial criminal and/or civil penalties, needs to be immediately addressed to those individuals on "the other side". I would suggest an individual from Groom Lake come forward with an explaination and apology, possibly on this discussion page as I know it is monitored, to let us know that this was a careless and thoughtless act of an individual, and NOT the intent of the Base management to escalate the "Cammo dudes" activities to assault and vehicular manslaughter. If we have turned a corner to where our monitoring activities are now resulting in hostile and violent acts on public lands, our attitudes of responsible and law-abiding mutual respect will need to be reconsidered. I can only hope this act of aggression will be explained quickly, and the animosity it has caused diffused. My opinion before that the "Cammo Dudes" were highly trained security officers doing a thankless job. My opinion now is not worth mentioning. We await Groom Lake's response and accountabilty in this matter.

In Reply to: Re: Criminal Charges to be filed against posted by Joerg (Webmaster) on June 06, 2001 at 10:51:40 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]