Re: Museum may lose A-12

Message posted by NoOne on November 15, 2006 at 14:47:46 PST:

How very unfortunate that there’s so little concern these days for preserving the rich aviation history that was the ‘50s, ‘60s, ‘70s, ‘80s. As with most things corporate now days, they don’t even invest in infrastructure let alone spend any money on something “frivolous” like history.. Lockheed had an absolute wealth of priceless history in storage at Rye Canyon that over time was pillaged, let fall into a total shambles and now is pretty much gone.

And now taking what appears to be the best A12 specimen remaining, using it as a gate post, letting it rot out in the open, how sad. Yes I know the CIA own it but in my view that means they should be the custodians, protect it and not treat it as just some statute for pigeons to poop on. If the CIA want a statue at the Langley gate, I might suggest they wait for McNamara to die, have him bronzed and mount him on a pole; now there’s something worth having the pigeons poop on..

NO

In Reply to: Museum may lose A-12 posted by Peter Merlin on November 14, 2006 at 20:06:26 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]