Does anybody want to lay claim to??

Message posted by Paul Reinman on May 22, 2001 at 12:57:52 PST:

AvWeek implied this week that the FY-113G designation actually was NOT a Mig-23, but in fact a manned aircraft flown in the 1990s. This got me to thinking..

Does anyone here want to lay claim to seeing anything in the Groom area that might someday be revealed?

I can think of several chances folks have had and have never seen images of a "secret" plane before it was made public. People had their chance with the F-117,the Have Blue, the B-2 configuration, the Tacit Blue, and SR-71 just to think of a few. As far as I know NO aircraft have really been "discovered" though efforts like those in this group. By "discovered" I mean enough information available to make a reasonable three view.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see some fuzzy picture of a big black delta winged airship, but I just can't think of any examples historically....

The best I can think of are fuzzy F-117 shots that were taken near the TTR in daylight after the DoD released the first picture of it...

AvWeek has gone bust before too....Just after the first images of the A-12 (don't kill me if that's the wrong SR-71 predecessor) were released, AW&ST printed 3 views of the plane with swept wings (you couldn't tell from the picture)....

I hope this produces some good discussion, and maybe some insight into what may be actually out there flying.....

Paul

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]