For travelers to Rachel

Message posted by Hank on September 13, 2006 at 19:57:00 PST:

I was in Rachel the beginning of the week. On the way up route 93 I discovered a new cell phone tower. Just north of the Lincoln County line on the east side of the road their is a portable tower. This is the area where the new construction is going on and it is probably used so the contractors can stay in contact with their Vegas offices. I was told by people in Alamo that it a Verizon and Alltel shared tower. I have Alltel and had full bars past the dump and almost to the canyon before the lower lake then the Alamo tower kicked in. Before when you pulled off I15 to 93 you were pretty much out of contact with the world for 74 miles. This will be a big help if you ever need help. The new Windmill Hotel and restaurant is open in Alamo. The food is excellent and I got a tour of the rooms. They are log cabins that have front porches that face west into the valley. They have rockers for sunset watching. Each cabin has a Jacuzzi tub and when I was their they were installing routers in all the cabins, so internet access is available. They also have satellite tv. Way better than the Meadowlane or the Bates.
Hank

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]