Re: new neighbor

Message posted by oldthudman on August 11, 2006 at 22:15:57 PST:

1. City folks who moved out to the rural area....they are typically paranoid, Houston's crime is terrible.
2. They could have won the lottery. Reason for all new stuff....But they may be downsizing (made it big in the city).
3. Is a big "HAM" hobbiest...
4. Shed houses a power generator to take over if power goes out........This can be important if a civil disaster occures.often HAM's are the only means of communication....
5. Tinted windows...to keep sun light out and lower energy consumption....
6. Tinted vehicle windows(too much)....they come from another state.
7. 2 TV dish antennas.....for the big channel surfer and addict TV watcher, 2 antennas are a must....see houses with 2 dishes often in Houston............
8. Deep basement.....Houses in Texas rarely have them...in Utah and up that way probably common......Besides HAM operator station, which could be in the basement, they may have a home theater down stairs.....
9.FOOD SERVICE PEOPLE??????......They have been the owners of the company.......Many bases use civilian cateriers.........I know Nellis now has a bunch of chow halls, where we only had 2 when I was there...To hold such a contract probably would be very lucertive....
10. Do not socialize. Lots of big city folks are that way......lots of people around here I don't want to know..........
11. No children....may never have had any....

No real mystery......

In Reply to: new neighbor posted by Jamestk123 on August 09, 2006 at 6:48:02 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]