new neighbor

Message posted by Jamestk123 on August 09, 2006 at 6:48:02 PST:

Hi,I'm fairly new to this website and discussion forum. My family and I live in a small southern Utah town not known for much, but farmers and ranchers. Over the past 5 months, we have been watching a new house go in down the street from us. (We live on a dirt road with hay/corn/sugar beets all around us). The basement is extraordinarily deep with a section of the basement in the corner excavated even deeper. It has since been cememted and the house is completed.

The man and his wife that moved in seem nice, but kind of closed off. He drives a black Expedition with Nellis and Edwards stickers in the window. His wife drives a Honda and she has Tooele Army Depot sticker in her window. I assume its each others vehicles, since they drive them. They told my wife that they are retired food service workers for the military.

Some other things strange about this house: It is just the two of them. They have all new furniture that we could tell. Both vehicles are new. They have a 4 car garage. The yard is gated with electric driveway gate. They have what appears to be a new large ham radio tower in the back. They have a shed (nice one) out back that has an exhaust pipe coming out the side (similar to a semi truck). All the windows are tinted in the house and vehicles (much more than what Utah allows). They have 2 satellite dishes on the roof (neither say direct tv or dish network) and both point in opposite directions.

My wife has visited his wife several times and still has not seen past the living room since that room has doors closed to rest of house. There are no pictures of kids or even of each other.

What do you make of it? Seems kind of living high on retired food service benefits from the military. Not saying anything bad about these people because they are very nice.

As a side note, we are about 1 hour 15 minutes from the town of Rachel, Nevada driving just above the speed limit. Any thoughts?

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]