Re: Scanners revisited

Message posted by Gregos on July 27, 2006 at 20:33:33 PST:

Are you the same poster from last week asking about the ICOM scanners?

I have the ICOM IC-R5. I actually tried to return it with no luck. It's not a bad scanner but it takes a long time to program in frequencies without the computer software (which I don't have).

On the bright side, it is very small and light (about the size of a deck of cards). It does Mil but no trunking. I'm just learning about trunking and feel I need one. The wife says I already got a scanner so "NO!" Lol!!! Xmas is just around the corner and I usually get what I want!!! Ha ha ha !!! Anyway, I live in Henderson, and I can hear the Janets on 118.75 and Nellis Tower on 327.00 with the anntena that came with it. I'm over 10 miles away from both so that's not bad...

So in short, if you don't need it right this second, think about what you actually want to hear and do some research. I paid $175 for the ICOM and I hear all towers fine. That is if I wasn't so deaf from years of Heavy Metal! Damn that IRON MAIDEN!!!

In Reply to: Scanners revisited posted by Vince on July 27, 2006 at 20:09:46 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]