Re: OT: Money rules, even in Rachel

Message posted by lone wolf on July 22, 2006 at 12:37:19 PST:

If the new use is consistent with the zoning, there isn't much that can be done. Property owners have rights. I've been on both sides of the fence. There are many ways to stop a project if there are zoning changes, but almost nothing can be done to stop an approved use.

What could be done is if time permitted would be to get the BLM to cut loose some land nearby, i.e. expand the (cough cough) city limits of Rachel, to create a new trailer park. I can't see this getting done unless the new owner delays his plans. What you would want to do is set up the new trailer park as a community property (or whatever term Nevada uses, perhaps tenants-in-common] to prevent getting evicted again, plus allowing the owners to sell their spot. This would require getting the BLM to sell a parcel, annexation of the parcel, architectural plans, land survey, school impact study, a lawyer to do the contracts, develop community well, septic, power, phone, etc. The county would probably make the developer post a completion bond to prevent the land from being annexed but not developed.

In Reply to: OT: Money rules, even in Rachel posted by Joerg (Webmaster) on July 22, 2006 at 2:09:45 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]