Re: those traingle things again

Message posted by Mark W. on July 01, 2006 at 8:10:52 PST:

Well heres my 2 cents,

My Granfather was senior steward at Lockheed skunkworks during the tiome in question. I often ask him questions regarding his work. Some he says "I cant tell you", but some he can give hints. IMHO the hanger at Plat 42 just wouldnt be big enough to hide both the F-117s AND the aircraft mentioned. Plus the aspect of the little trip to GDR, it probably would have started World War 3. I HIGLY doubt the feasability of the plan in the first place, THey would have to be equipped with fuel tanks so they could get there and they would probably have to refuel on the way back. They would have to land because an apache cant mid-air refuel on an MC-130 like other SF helos can. Plus the "sphere" you mentioned would bi difficult to attach to a Ch-53 due to its sphere like qualities. It would probably have fallen out of its sling. In closing, I feel that you have been poorly had, and I hope I shed my 2 cents worth in a polite way.

Mark W.

In Reply to: Re: those traingle things again posted by Mark McCandlish on June 29, 2006 at 22:13:50 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]