Re: Trip Report 5/23 to 5/30

Message posted by Andre' M. Dall'au on June 03, 2006 at 5:33:24 PST:

OK, Minolta will make no more cameras? When did that happen? Does that mean Minolta shooters will have to get whatever lenses they need now or lump it?

I went to the Sony F828 digital camera and found that it works EXCELLENTLY for professional use. I have shot many pictures for publication and the editors have more than pleased that I can shoot hi-res JPEGs, TIFF or RAW photos. No more buying film, shooting a series (never quite sure you got what you need) developing the film(entrusting your work to a processing mechanism that has resulted in the past in scratching the emusion), waiting hours or days to find out if you got the money shot, then trying to rearrange your schedule to reshoot (if possible) or having your best shots made into a hi-res CD for use. Or, you can shoot digital pictures, getting instant feedback for composition, lighting and focus then immediately reshooting or download to a computer to make a hi-res CD for use. Instead of spending unrecoverable money on film and developing, you can buy reusable memory sticks or cards. Also if you travel, you don't have to concern yourself if some TSA X-ray machince fogs your film and ruins what a client paid for. The bad news is that film is still an art form, and digital cameras still make up their own mind as to exactly when they will trip the shutter. But I routinely catch brass in midair and freeze action shots as good as my SLR. I'm a convert, and although happy that I have made my picture taking for clients easier and less worrisome, I am left with a closet full of SLR gear. To each his own, but like the 8-track, video disc, VHS and beepers that technology has passed by, to resist digital photography will eventually put you behind the power curve. I go to garage sales and see Led Zep's 2nd LP album (my opinion in the top ten rock of all time) and wonder who still has a turntable to play it on anymore (I wish I still had one) and think "what a waste".Oh well, technology marches on.

In Reply to: Re: Trip Report 5/23 to 5/30 posted by lone wolf on June 01, 2006 at 21:29:58 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]