Re: Camping around Rachel

Message posted by Frank Stamm on May 22, 2006 at 7:37:59 PST:

As far as snakes, I have seen rattlers in the valley. I have seen Rachel kids kill a scorpion behind the ALeInn. I have seen Mule Deer and a Mountain Lion paw print behind Tempiute. When there are lots of hares in the valley, I have seen quite a few coyotes. There is an ambulance in Rachel where there are a few paramedics and EMT residents. They have been involved in traffic accidents in the past. Check with the Rachel locals for current conditions on medical and critter updates.
Most common accidents are falls and snake bites if you want to climb around Tempiute or Tikaboo. As I posted earlier, buy or research online, info on desert camping and learn about first aid and the items you need to bring. If I needed help on a climb up Tikaboo and I didnt have a sat phone, I would be on my own or reliance my fellow hikers to get me help. The top 10 hazzards can be avoided with knowledge, preperation and common sense. This is the wilderness, thats why I keep going back.

In Reply to: Re: Camping around Rachel posted by Hank on May 22, 2006 at 6:50:10 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]