Re: Field Aviation Toronto

Message posted by lone wolf on May 11, 2006 at 20:53:01 PST:

FYI, N105TB and N20NY are "playing" at NUQ at the moment, probably with NASA616.

Frequent visitors to YYZ of interest are N4505S and N404PA. My records show a great deal of activity with these planes between 3/8/2006 and 4/19/2006. All the flights were to/from KBED or KMIA.

I haven't filed for the FAA records of these planes, but in theory modifications that are of a significant weight or that penetrate the skin need to be documented.

I bought all the records for the Janets. [I bet the FAA notifies the base when people buy such data.] The records indicate the companies that do the modifications as they have to be certified.

I haven't researched this, but some of the radar research projects were handed off to a university in Florida when MIT and Stanford got caught in some major government overbilling scandal in the 80's. There may be a similiar facility in Florida, maybe Tyndal. Hanscom (related to MIT Lincoln Labs) just barely escaped the last BRAC, which makes me think the work is being done elsewhere.

In Reply to: Field Aviation Toronto posted by Maple 37 on May 11, 2006 at 20:20:42 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]