Re: RACHEL OVERNIGHT From Your Description

Message posted by Spooky_Dogg on May 01, 2001 at 18:22:42 PST:

Assuming it's actually what I think it may be---

I've run into something similar once before from the description. It seems to me part of the gear that they use in tunneling operations. If it's what I've seen before it attaches to a huge tunnel drill and like a dog digging in the dirt, throws the rumble into the hopper and air pressure placed in the chamber directs it toward the surface (or end of tunnel) where the debris in loaded in construction trucks and carted off.

Another use for this "hopper" would be after stone is crushed, again in the same manner gathered and routed to the end of a tunnel operation, but this time, it is dumped and mixed with construction cement and used to strengthen "shoring up" the new tunnel walls. Of course, if this is the case, you would never see too much debris at the surface, because it is used in the process of tunnel-building; you might say "recycled"
on the spot.

No, I am NOT trying to lead anyone astray or away from anything significant here. Just stating a possibility that would make sense probably to MOST of you.

From my EXPERIENCE, I say that they are building another expanded "Mount Weather" site, similar to the one outside Purcellville VA in the Blue Ridge.

A GOOD source of info on this time of operation is to contact the fine folk who built the Ted Williams Tunnel in Boston UNDER the Mystic River. Similar principles as to materials. Another example of this would be the Robertson Tunnel that Tri-Met uses in
Portland that they drilled straight through the West Hills connecting Portland, Oregon to the western surburbs of Beavertown and Hillsboro, Oregon.

One thing I do KNOW is from your clarification
THIS piece of whatever is definitely NOT an IGLOO
of er, Toxics.

In Reply to: Re: RACHEL OVERNIGHT Further Questions posted by Nick on May 01, 2001 at 4:05:47 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]