Re: Dreamland Resort Discussion Forum

Message posted by Magoo on April 26, 2001 at 16:19:52 PST:

Hey SS...long time no see in here!

Whilst I agree that many of the subjects raised lately have been off-topic, I can't help but defend the reasoning behind some of them (many by me).

If we were to concentrate purely on A51 related stuff, then this forum would be much quieter than it already is lately. Everyday, I open this site in anticipation of some new stuff being placed on this forum, but lately, have often been disappointed because nothing new has been added.

Indeed, sometimes I will purposely place some off-topic (but perhaps distantly related) stuff on the forum in an effort to stimulate some discussion that may eventually lead us back to the topic in hand, only to find there are few or no responses to it anyway.

I think the jury is still out as to the bona fides of 'Spooky' (still #4 for mine), but alot of the stuff he has posted lately has been somewhat interesting, and has at least provoked discussion where there would otherwise have been none at all!

I think the best way to get the forum back on track, is to actually post what you've got, and see what eventuates. I think you'll see the off-topic stuff all but disappear very quickly. I'm as interested as ever, and I think you'll find the majority of people that visit here are as well.

Basically, on every forum there are Readers, and there are Contributors. Unfortunately, lately there have only been about five or six contributors...I think the goal would be to expand that number.

Magoo

In Reply to: Dreamland Resort Discussion Forum posted by Secret Services on April 26, 2001 at 13:14:44 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]