Spooky at Whidbey responds

Message posted by Spooky_Dogg on April 15, 2001 at 10:29:21 PST:

Hi gang.

Fair question, Zip. I don't know about being on top of it all, but I have flown as a VQ-1 VIP CREW member as Staff officer with the CO, 7th Fleet several times before.

I've sure that most of you know the OVERALL mission(s) of the EP's out of Whidbey.

To answer your question: this particular "run" was designed a JOINT effort.

Photos gathered are often times utilized by many individuals in the JOINT services for a variety of purposes.

Examples would be to examine POTENTIAL THREATS
from weapons placements, assessment of troops and equipment buildups, etc.

Air Force would be particularly assessing aviation assets, such as planes on the ground, fuel depots, etc.

Marines would be especially interested in terrain evaluation for potential air assault capabilities,
heavy defensive weapons placement, and types of troops within a given area; in other words, closely assessing a potential enemy's strengths and weaknesses.

Navy would be especially interested in coastal approaches and defenses as well as potential hazards to a deployed task force.

Without giving away the store, We have been very interested in Asia for the past several years, and it is in our best interests to always be vigilant.

I hope my reply gives you an idea why SOME of these runs from Whidbey would be directed to be with a mixed crew.

I'm glad the guys are back safe. Yes, there were also female crew members. Maybe that's why we had a bit of bad luck. *smirk*

Kind regards to all.
See next reply.

In Reply to: Re: O/T? yet Aviation related GREETINGS FROM WHIDBEY ISLAND posted by zipper on April 14, 2001 at 15:03:26 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]