Re: Moving to Rachel

Message posted by lone wolf on March 04, 2006 at 19:42:14 PST:

You have to define "in the area." There is private land in Alamo, Crystal Springs, Hiko, etc. At the base of Quinn Mountain, there is land in Garden Valley. There are people that live on mining claims, but have to have the claim assayed to hold the land. There are patented mining claims that seem to sell like real estate. I've seen hay farms start up on BLM land, so perhaps there are ways to get accessing through farming as well. Think of it as a research project.

The BLM hold auctions all the time, but not in Rachel that I have seen. They sold land on the Lincoln/Clark county line to a developer that I suspect won't do all that well now that the market is softening.

I have a friend who has two houses in Goldfield, as if one house there isn't enough. He got them from tax sales.

The BLM sells maps that indicate private and BLM land. I don't know if they sell them through the mail, but I bought a few at the field office in Tonopah. They come in handy if you are trying to determine if a no trespassing sign is legit.

I think the BLM auctions land through the GSA, but I haven't looked in a while.

In Reply to: Re: Moving to Rachel posted by Papoose on March 04, 2006 at 19:26:25 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]