Re: Magnificent Desolation

Message posted by Andre' M. Dall'au on January 24, 2006 at 14:27:42 PST:

Excellent expression of a shared viewpoint. The only reason is that we are thinking about organizing a committe to begin a process that might lead to a plan to explore the possibility of going back to the moon is that the Chinese Communists plan to establish a base there. I don't know about you, but I don't want to travel to Bejing to see the American Flag from Apollo 9 in a Chinese museum. I watched in person Apollo 13, 15 and the ill-fated Challenger take off-from the Cape, and I can't belive that the only lasting social remembrance of the incredible effort to place Americans on the moon is the phrase "we can put a man on the moon but we can't..." As in "we can put a man on the moon, but we can't get rid of poverty" a very stupid idea. Politicians never know step two, but step one is always "stop all other forward thinking non-social programs to get money for welfare". Another stupid idea.
Anyway thanks for a good read.

In Reply to: Re: Magnificent Desolation posted by The Major on January 23, 2006 at 22:53:16 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]