Re: JANET Terminal History

Message posted by The Major on January 05, 2006 at 23:52:43 PST:

I found some, but not much, information on Key Airlines. It was also known as Sun Valley Key Airlines. The earliest reference I could find was dated 01JUN74. In 1974, the airline serviced towns in Nevada, Idaho, and Utah. I also found a reference to Key Airlines that reported it operating out of Salt Lake City. Its' 3 letter designation was "KEY" (go figure). At some point, the airline had non-scheduled service to location(s) in Canada. I found a 1994 record from the Canadian National Transportation Agency that revolked their license because they failed to file a certificate of insurance. The airline went belly-up in 1993, filing for Chapter 11. In 1985, another airline, Key Air International, began cargo operations as a subcontract carrier for Air Florida Commuter. I kind of doubt the two airlines are connected, but I do find it odd that both ceased operations in 1993. If I could find out exactly when Key Airlines began servicing the non-existent communities in Nevada (hopefully before 1968), I would have the basics of the information I need!
Maybe some of this information I came across will jog some memories out there...

Attached link: Key Airlines Timetable Images

In Reply to: Re: JANET Terminal History posted by remotelocation on January 05, 2006 at 21:49:09 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]