Re: Janet and FIDOE

Message posted by Ron on December 24, 2005 at 23:21:44 PST:

Ok just made some phone calls. I found out about this passur flight tracking radar.
Passur means Passive Secondary Surveillance Radar. And it offers almost a live update. Around 4.6 seconds per update. So it’s very close to real time.
I did set the date back and watched some Janet flights. When they depart KLAS you can see them go up north a lot more than you can on flightaware.
What you can see if you take one of there flight plans. Like FIDOE LAS294052 BTY060030. On Passur they disappear at or about the location of LAS294052.
Why is that?? This is because this is the last waypoint in civilian airspace. Now I also tracked a few flights coming back from Groom Lake also. They do seem to appear just about over KINS. Well guess what LAS294052 is close to this spot and what else is close by FIDOE. Now on this flight because traffic was light at the time something. The pilot switched on the civilian modes early. The ATC must have been able to get him back to mode C so then the flight can get back into the civilian system so it can land. Now if we take the departures going up there. There first waypoint is FIDOE. And guess what you can still see them with Passur. But you can’t with flightaware, this is because flightaware is more limited than Passur. Flightaware like I said only see civilian transponder modes. Passur can see some of those other military modes but not all of them. Passive Secondary Surveillance Radar or Passur has two receivers one at 1030 MHz that locks onto the SSR radar and another 1090 MHz that listens for replies from the transponders. This is getting into some of those other modes and gets quiet technical . These are not normal civilian modes. Also take notice on even passur you don’t see to many fighter jets flying around. That is because they are using these other modes that Passur does not have but the military does and so does Janet. This is also why you will see Janet flights disappear even on Passur. Because they switch to this mode have you ever noticed how many times when inside the box the groom lake controller is telling these guys to reset transponder and squawk a new code. This all has to do with these mode changes for all the various radar systems they have up there. As you know there are a lot of sensitive things up there. And some of the worlds best radar systems and what not are up there. Things that us on the outside have no clue about and so even these transponders we are talking about here are way more complex that a normal civilian transponders. And it’s as simple as Passur and flgihtaware has no ability to see these other modes. But as I said passur can see some other modes but not all.

Also I would like to add. You need to be careful when looking at these flights and there plans going to and from Groom Lake out of Vegas. Yes they all file for KTNX as there arrival and if coming back KTNX is there departure. This plan is clearly from KTNX to KLAS TPH TPH206010 LIDAT J92 BTY FUZZY6. And this is going from KLAS to KTNX MCCRN2 BTY J92 LIDAT TPH206010 TPH. Now these flights have nothing to do with going to Groom Lake. And they fly much higher 25000 feet and 26000 feet. Also take note in these plans no FIDOE. Why this because these flights are not going to Groom Lake and will not be in the R4808 or any restricted airspace. Until almost the very last of the flight the last few feet on final approach to landing they enter restricted and in doing so they switch to a military mode. So we don’t see them land or takeoff at KTNX. Now there reason they also file for KTNX when leaving KLAS. This is because since they are filing a flight plan. They must have a IACO coded departure and arrival airport listed. Well KLAS certainly is one and Groom Lake…..hmm this place doesn’t exist and so it’s not going to have a IACO code. So there is not code for Groom Lake. But what’s near by KTNX is. This has a IACO code so let’s just use that one. That’s what’s going on here. Everyone when leaving Vegas going up there will file to KTNX some that go to Groom Lake will never arrive at KTNX. This is because they went to Groom. Basically you have two different airport using the same IACO code KTNX. That is because of those two airports does not exist.

In Reply to: Re: Janet and FIDOE posted by Ron on December 24, 2005 at 18:19:55 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]