Re: re banding on the Radio Shack Pro 97

Message posted by lone wolf on October 27, 2005 at 13:26:39 PST:

Just to make things clearer, the refarming has nothing to do with military trunking systems. [Refarming is in the 800Mhz band.] What is an open question is the ability to follow trunk systems in the upper end of the military air band.

The military air band is not exclusively AM. There are "squad" radios
http://www.freqofnature.com/index.php?m=Common&p=Intra-Squad%20Radio
that are NFM, plus these new mil airband trunking systems, and military satellites. The glideslope signal is also in the mil air band.

One feature in these late model scanners is Uniden's "close call" and GRE's (Radio Shack) "Signal Stalker." They both allow the scanner to find frequencies much like using a frequency counter, but from a greater distance. I staked out a certain "organization" a few months ago that didn't have it's frequencies in the FCC database. I did manage to find their license application and get the frequencies, but someone with a "close call" equiped scanner was able to get all the frequencies. The signal stalker is one reason I'm looking at the Pro-97, since it can stalk in the mil air band.

In Reply to: Re: re banding on the Radio Shack Pro 97 posted by apracticalguy on October 26, 2005 at 22:40:27 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]