Re: Onward to Rachel after Edwards

Message posted by lone wolf on October 16, 2005 at 21:57:38 PST:

Bring some food and camp out. You never know what you'll see, though probably any good sighting won't be in Rachel itself. If you want to travel light, bring a BBQ and build the BBQ itself out of rocks, presuming you don't find such a structure already where you are camped. [I used to leave a grill at each site until some lowlife stole them.]

Trevor and I saw something a bit odd fly out of Groom when camped at the Power Line Overlook. Just a funny light moving kind of fast, but not at an unconventional speed. No time loss, and no evidence of er um probing.

The Weapons school runs nearly year round. [Dead time the last two weeks of June and December.] The trouble is, you never know where they are going to play. The live bomb quite often a bit west of Rachel. I'm not sure of the range, but the bombing could be seen from Coyote Summit. They tend to fly either over Dog Bone Lake or towards Hiko.

The F22s exercise near Queen City Summit and the area just north of the Cedar Pipeline ranch.

You may see nothing, or something, but probably not the mothership.

In Reply to: Onward to Rachel after Edwards posted by Apracticalguy on October 16, 2005 at 21:30:27 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]