Re: Edwards Air Show

Message posted by lone wolf on October 11, 2005 at 19:54:01 PST:

The public can enter either from route 58 (what I'm calling the north entrance) or from route 14 via Rosamond. I think there is a south entrance, but I don't know if it is open to the public. The Rosamond entrance is kind of odd since you drive a long time before reaching a gate even though you are on the base. The north entrance hits a gate rather quickly. Of course, all of LA is using the Rosamond entrance. Still, getting to the parking area seemed very fast to me as compared to other air shows.

The problem is trying to enter from one entrance then leave from another. You can do it, but expect to get some lip from security. They will be directing you in one direction, and you will have to hold up traffic, roll down your window, sweet talk security, take a road to reach the traffic from the other lot, then join the that traffic. I've done it, but it you are easily intimidated, I don't suggest you do this.

In Reply to: Re: Edwards Air Show posted by sjs on October 11, 2005 at 19:40:32 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]