Tikaboo trash

Message posted by lone wolf on October 05, 2005 at 19:24:03 PST:

Just a FYI, Tikaboo Peak was relatively clean. Just one Keystone beer can and the remains of a bottle rocket. Now it's unlikely you would cause a serious fire in the range with a bottle rocket, but one place I'd sure hate to be is on Tikaboo when the range is on fire. It takes a bit of time to get off the mountain. With a good wind, it may be the case you can't out run the fire. Really, who ever is shooting fireworks on the peak should give this a second thought.

Regarding the beer can, Joerg is off the hook because he drinks Keystone light, and this was the leaded stuff.

The lower camp was really a mess. I personally didn't have the energy to carry that trash the half mile or so to the car after hiking down Tikaboo. I'll make a return trip sometime just for trash duty. It seems nuts to drive 50 miles to pick up trash, but I don't see it going away.

I guess another plan would be to do some trash duty prior to doing the hike up Tikaboo, that is, bring your gear to the camp site from where you parked, then bring the trash back to your truck, then return to the camp to start the hike. This sounds like work, but two of the trips would be without gear.

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]