Re: Weird sighting on 7-30-05 on 95

Message posted by Dave Bethke on August 01, 2005 at 18:17:50 PST:

I've been trying to picture the location, relying on the Nevada highway map and topop maps. Just north of the road to Candelaria, Highway 95 makes a few slight left bends as it climbs to a small summit/saddle at 4900 feet. Past that, with a few more left bends, 95 descends for about 4 miles to a sweeping right turn just before Tonopah Junction (State highway 360). The road elevation at that point is about 4400 feet. From there 95 heads straight north to Sodaville (almost a "site") where it bends a few degrees left and goes straight to Mina. From Tonopah Junction to Mina the elevation is almost flat, rising 200 feet in those 8 miles.

With respect to that description, so I can plot it on a map, where were you when 1) you first saw the light, 2) the light crossed the highway and 3) the light disappeared.

Oh, one other thing. You said it was overcast. Do you know how high the overcast was? If not, I probably can dig through the NOAA site and look it up.

Thanks
(I love a mystery!)

In Reply to: Re: Weird sighting on 7-30-05 on 95 posted by scott on July 31, 2005 at 14:12:06 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]